Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thriller Thursdays: Living Social & Groupon

It's time to live like a star!



Living Social and Groupon have become my two new best friends within the last year or so. If your looking for great deals on adventures then you definitely need to get on at least on of these.

I can't say that I favor one over the other because they both constantly have excellent deals whether your looking into getting a spa treatment, finding a fun activity to do during the weekend (ie bowling, jet skiing, etc) or even if your looking for international vacations! I do believe, however, that one company may not have the same locations as the other; so you may want to see if Groupons and/or Living Social provides deals in your city.

I'm a sucker for the spa treatments! I've purchased massages and waxes (just to name a few) for up to 80% off! I've also got a few deals for some food joints (pay $15 for $30 worth of food). All kinds of stuff! What's also pretty cool is that you can purchase a deal as a gift! Tooootally bought my mom a massage last Christmas for nearly half the price!


So how does it work?





  1. You sign up on the website(s) by submitting your email. They're not going to spam you I promise!..well..at least they haven't spammed me! This is simply so that they can send you deals on a daily basis. (I used the gmail account on my phone so I don't miss a beat!) 
  2. You see a deal that you want (hhmmm maybe a weekend trip to New York?) and purchase it!
  3. After you purchase it a voucher will be saved in you..voucher folder and will also be emailed to you.
  4. When you are ready to use your voucher you can print it out and take it to the place where you will be enjoying your activity. Some companies will even let you show them the voucher on the phone if your into saving trees and stuff. Just call and make sure they accept voucher electronically.
  5. Enjoy! Duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...