Monday, April 16, 2012

Motivational Mondays: Gaining a sense of "you" part one...


For the next few weeks I want to focus on the concept of self discovery and focusing on who you are as an individual. For those of you who have been following the blog for sometime you know that I am a total introvert. I LOVE being alone. The essences of being alone literally is a high for me! It allows me to think clearly and also helps me energize. Ultimately, I believe my introvert tendencies have given me an advantage in discovering who I am (roughly even a lot faster than many of my extrovert peers. 

Today's lesson is extremely simple but very significant [And it goes a little something like this *scratches record] :

"If people treat you like a convenience, don't make them a priority."

Very simple indeed. I like to consider myself a very generous person. I love helping people. But at one point I really found myself being taken advantage of by people who I thought were really my friends. Long story short I had to start looking out for myself and giving with a little more moderation.

Remember, you are top priority before any man and even your close friends. Ultimately the only person that's looking out for you is you. If you invest all of your time and energy into a person then you are losing a sense of self. What happens when that person is ready to bounce? What happens when that person dogs you out? More than likely that person isn't investing themselves in you, they're investing themselves in themselves!

You are top priority. Knowing this gives you a sense of self worth. In turn, this can help boost your confident and even your Independence! But remember, this is only the beginning! Stay tuned for part 2 next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...