Monday, February 20, 2012

Making minor adjustments...

I'm not sure if I mentioned it already, but I have a PB&J roughly everyday. I find that its a quick and easy snack that I can gobble in between classes and it's a rather good source for protein and extra carbs (ooh she eats carbs!...yea I do?)

Anywho...Last summer I started buying all natural/organic pb and jelly. This came as the result of actually reading the label of my old peanut butter. Long story short..major turn off. Like many other peanut butters it:

  • was made with 60% peanuts (so what the H is the other 40% ???)
  • Contains a numerous amount of "naughty" ingredients (ie high sodium, hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup...blah blah blah
What's a girl got to do to just know...peanut butter. The answer, like that of many other questions/ concerns was to go natural and I've gladly been buying natural/organic pb and jelly ever since! Why? :
  • I eat it everyday so it should be the healthier choice because it's constantly in my system
  • It's not that much more expensive
  • It literally is peanut butter. (some of the ones I buy do have less than 2% salt and I'm perfectly fine with that as I don't add salt to anything I consume anymore).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...