Monday, February 13, 2012

Eating Healthy on a Budget


Through tedious scanning, high and low, I finally found whole wheat pasta in Big Lots today! The price you see is correct! Each 1lb bag costed $1.25. This trip I purchased 3, next trip I'll purchase more lol.  


Another way I've managed to save a lot of money while trying to invest in a healthier life style is buy freezing fresh food. Some of the stuff is a given ie meats but I didn't realize you could freeze...well...a lot of the stuff I freeze now. What's constantly been in my freezer upon this discovery has been mini peppers, onions, and bell peppers. I use them frequently when I cook but I don't cook frequently if that makes sense?

I try and cook major meals like lunch and dinner at the beginning of the week then feast on the left overs through out the week. This is awesome for my life style financially and time management wise. Of course buying items like peppers and onions is cheaper bulk but there's no way I can use all of it in a week; thus, freezing has helped me buy less and waste less.

Give it try! Anyone have tips or advice on saving while going healthy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...