Monday, February 20, 2012

Homemade: Spinach Salad and Vinaigrette

Spinach, carrots, almonds, mini red pepper, bits of turkey bacon

I bought some salad this time when I went to the grocery store so I wouldn't have to go hiking when I wanted a quality salad in between classes.

I realized (once I got home of course -__-) that I didn't have any "healthy" dressing so I decided to make my own and with a quick Google it actually came out really well :)

Super simple ingredients (in a small skillet w/ low temperature) I added:
1/8- olive oil
1/16- apple cider vinegar
a splash of honey
a pinch of ground pepper
1 whole red mini pepper
shredded about 2.5-3 inches of turkey bacon

I let this lightly saute for about 5 minutes and added it so the spinach. Deeeeeelic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...