Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Coffee--the fat burner


I confess. I am slightly addicted to coffee. Let's face it...it gives me the buzz..the exact pick me up I need to carry me through those especially rough days.

While I'd like to say this obsession started after I was hired at a place that does 24 hour Starbuck (ugh! the devil!), I've been drinking coffee since I was about 5 years old. Never-the-less..this is not a life story.

I usually drink coffee when I'm trying to get through the night shift at work or when I need to...ahem..detox...but who would've thought it could actually be beneficial to my fitness training as well!?

Bodybuilding.com  says:
"While caffeine does torch calories, it's main benefit is that it binds to the receptors on your fat cells. This is particularly effective when caffeine is taken before workouts, as several studies have confirmed.
Take 200-400mg of caffeine between meals two to three times per day; take one dosage 30-60 minutes prior to training-day workouts."
I've seen other fitness gurus discuss the benefits of coffee as well and there for I've increased my intake. (Rather than just having it when I go to work 2 to 3 days out of the week, I have started drinking 1-2 cups daily). I can't say I've noticed a difference in appearance (or at least I can't say it's because of the coffee since I've also started taking Tone). However, I do notice a boost in energy and as a result I'm more energized to push through work outs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...