Monday, May 7, 2012

Motivational Mondays: The Power of Good Karma



I got home from work last night at about 11:30p but probably didn't go to bed until almost 1:00a. One of my friends (who knows I am NOT a late owl) asked me what I was up to so late and it really surprised him when I told him I was up filling out cards to send out for mother's day.

He stressed the cards because I guess since I only have one mom I'm expected to only send out one card? Wrong LoL. My mailing list has extended out to about 4 moms, a birthday card, and a letter to my best friend who's also my pen pal.

 I can under stand why some people feel like I over do it. Until last night I finally discovered my motive for going above and beyond when it comes to giving back or acknowledging people. The simple answer is that I believe in [good] karma. You can not be a selfish person and expect people to do nice things for you. It's that simple. People remember sweet little things that you do for them, especially when it's unexpected!

I've noticed another reason for why I have a generous heart is because I know what it feels like to feel unappreciated or even left out. Not fun! Very rarely do people do simple things for me like send me flowers, or a card with a sweet little hand written note--and if it's not a special occasion, forget it! But I know when I do get a gift (even the smallest of them) and it's completely unexpected, it makes me feel so good! Just knowing alone that someone was thinking about me enough to do something nice for me means so much!

Don't be overwhelmed! Producing good karma doesn't mean you have to put out expensive gifts! Like I stated before, simplicity (at least for me is key). Be creative and go outside the box! Seriously, think about the last time you received a hand written love note? 

The most important thing to remember is that even though you want blessings to be returned to you, don't let that be your whole purpose for giving. Unfortunately, when it all comes down, it doesn't work like that. A true giver gives from the heart--no strings attached. 

#Motivation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...