Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Motivational Mondays: When Life gives you Lemons




This semester seems to be one of the most overwhelming! A lot has been on the rocks: relationships, my job, and even school. 

The important thing is to remember that when life gives you lemons, *pardon my French* but turn that ish into Lemonade!

A few days ago I was ready to have a cry session. It feels like I've been going through the works this semester! Not nessecarily everything has been happening, but ENOUGH has left this diva down!

However, this diva can't be down for long! It's only in my nature to be constantly in motion. Post cry session I had to do a little reflection. Where am I really? What have I accomplished? Are things really as bad as they seem right now? What can I do to make things better? Where do I want to be? What do I have to do to get there?

This was just the motivation I need. I turned that negative energy into something positive. Out of that session I decided that I need to focus more on my passions. You can never go wrong with focusing on your passions. I love traveling, writing, making videos and cooking. So if it's not necessary to consume myself with all this non-sense that's causing stress, I'm going to forcus on those things that truly make me happy.

I get it. Maybe you don't know what your passion is yet. Don't stress out about it! Take this as an opportunity to start experiencing new things! That new club on campus that you've been curious about-- go check it out! Been thinking about trying out yoga? Go for it! That story you've been thinking about writing--girl write it!  

Trust me! You won't regret it! Whatever it is you decide to do make, sure it's something that makes YOU happy! Discovering what you are passionate about concurs a huge step in discovering who you are. And who know's, maybe you'll be able to find people who enjoy those things just as much as you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...